All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow short sellers profit from disasters that afflict individuals, markets, and nations The Most Dangerous Trade serves up tales from the dark side of the world marketplace to reveal how traders profit from the failure and, often, the financial ruin of others. In this book Richard Teitelbaum profiles more than a dozen short sellers to reveal how they employ the tactics, strategies, and various styles to zero in on their target, get the needed financing, and see their investment through to its ultimate conclusion. The short sellers profiled will include stories of both their successful investments as well as their disastrous ventures. The book will examine the different styles, strategies, and tactics utilized, looking at how each short seller researches his or her targets, obtains financing, puts on a trade, and sees the investment through to fruition or failure. With the appeal of a well-written adventure vel, The Most Dangerous Trade reveals how these investors seek publicity to help drive down a stock and shows the often bitter and controversial battles that ensue. * Includes profiles of well-kw short sellers such as Jim Chas, Steve Eisman, Manuel Ascencio, Doug Kass, and many more * Discover how short sellers make the puts that make them billions * Uncover the short selling controversies that make headlines * Written by award-winning journalist Richard Teitelbaum Discover what motivates investors who wager against the stock market and how they often profit from the misery of others.
- Author BiographyRICHARD TEITELBAUM is a contributing editor to Institutional Investor magazine. He worked as a senior writer for Bloomberg News, where he shared an award from the Society of Professional Journalists for investigative reporting; as an investing editor for the New York Times; as a writer for Fortune magazine; and as a traffic reporter in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Richard Teitelbaum
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication09/10/2015
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight532 g
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.