All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRoald Dahl meets R. L. Stine in this spine-tingling and hilarious tale from a bestselling author. Billy Shivers doesn t have a lot of excitement in his life. He prefers to spend his days reading alone in the Hitchcock Public Library. So it is a bit out of character when he finds himself drawn to the Haunted House of Books, and a competition daring readers to survive an entire night inside. The Haunted House of Books is a cross between a bookstore and a booby trap. It s a creeky old mansion full of dark hallways and things that go bump in the night, and the store s ill-tempered owner, Mr. Rapscallion, only adds to the mystery. But the frights of the store itself are thing compared to the stories it holds. These stories are so ghastly, so terrifying, so shocking that once you ve read them, you ll never be the same. Does Billy dare begin? Do you?
- Author BiographyPhilip Kerr is the award-winning author of more than twenty books, including the young adult novel The Winter Horses and the New York Times bestselling Bernie Gunther series for adults. A former advertising copywriter who released his first book in 1989 and in 1993 was named one of Granta magazine s Best Young British Novelists, he now divides his time between London and Cornwall. Learn more about Philip and his books at PhilipKerr.com.
- Author(s)Philip Kerr
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Weight408 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $15.61Trending at AU $16.02
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $26.34
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.