All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWha...what...hap... happened t...to me? She stuttered and slurred, but her words could be understood. Her eyes were still glassy as she slowly turned her head to look at me. I took me a few seconds to respond. Replying to someone who was just a moment earlier to all appearances dead has a way of taking your breath away. Eventually, I managed to say, Well, I don't really kw, I...uh...came in and there was a man in...airport coveralls named James and... I f-feel cold, she muttered slowly as if she had t heard me. Sluggishly and with difficulty, she raised herself at the waist. She looked down at her bloody body surveying the damage. Until this point, I had t ticed that her right shoulder looked as if a bite had torn away a chunk of the flesh and her left cheek had four parallel deep scratches as if fingernails had ripped down the side of her face. I couldn't see other wounds, but blood covered most of her light green uniform making it look black. You shouldn't move! I yelled. Don't move! I'll go find a doctor! I was standing a few feet from her, but somehow she managed to twist around a reach my leg. I felt her hand grab hard into the skin of my calf. No, s-s-stay here, she hissed as I yanked my leg free and backed away. You need a doctor! I cried out as I spun around to leave. When I reached the doorway, I looked back at her. She was still struggling to stand even as she slid her body toward me. A trail of smeared blood stayed on the white tile floor behind her. Stay, she hissed again, but I was already out the door. Imagine a world in which thing is as it should be. Our loved ones longer seem to recognize us. The basic laws of society longer apply. And the dead do t remain still. That is the world in which reporter Kevin Turner finds himself. Now finding out the facts of the story do t matter as much as finding a way to stay alive. Once again, talented horror author Jeffrey Littor takes readers on a journey into pure terror. This is the first installment in a gripping series - The Most Uncommon Cold is sure to stay with readers long after the last page is turned. Explore the word within these pages at your own risk! Praise for The Most Uncommon Cold I - I have just finished this book and I have to say it was hard to put down. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. When t reading it, I would still be thinking about it, wondering what would happen next and to whom.The author has written a great story. - Melinda Fox Jeffrey Littor is also the author of 'Bloom's Desk' and 'Soul Hostage'.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Littorno spent many years teaching English in the United States before going abroad to teach. After living in Kuwait, South Korea, Saipan, and Australia, Littorno returned to the United States and set about achieving his dream of writing novels. He now lives in Northern California with his wife Gye Yeol and a growing number of cats. When he is not writing, Littorno teaches high school. The ghost story 'Bloom's Desk' is Littorno's first novel. 'Soul Hostage', a dark fantasy, is his second. His third novel 'The Most Uncommon Cold I: Life in the Time of Zombies', the first part of a zombie series. Praise for Jeffrey Littorno's paranormal thriller 'Soul Hostage': From the very first page, I found myself wound up in the barbed-wire tangle of mixed emotions Littorno uses to ensnare his readers... 'Soul Hostage' is not a book about religion, but it definitely emanates the chaotic battle of good versus bad and right versus wrong...Freaky and frightening five-star book! - April I am unsure what genre to attribute this marvelous work. It is definitely a thriller filled with suspense, but it also has horror components. His works are evocative of Stephen King, with overtones of H.P. Lovecraft and a sprinkling of Steinbeck. - Merry Widow Author, Jeffrey Littorno's, novel was excellent, suspenseful, extremely scary, thriller, that had a mind-blowing ending...This is a perfect example of 'originality', and not spinning someone else's story.... It was so thought provoking, that it took me a few days before I could even write this review....The real scary question I have........ who is author, Jeffrey Littorno and where has he been hiding? I definitely recommend this novel to any reader who is tired of the same thing over an over. - Robin Lee As a supernatural suspense thriller, Soul Hostage' delivers well. It is innovative, with enough cliffhangers to keep you turning the pages. Moreover, the characters are compellingly 'real': they pulse with blood and are propelled with motivations you and I can empathize with. Despite their 'sameness' in the sense that they only want to survive, Louis, Joseph and Thomas have distinct personalities that clash and complement and sparkle throughout the book--their human failings, and the way they chug along on the track like massive train wrecks, compel and mystify. - Meghan Take a look at evil. Take a look at 'Soul Hostage'.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Littorno
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date23/12/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.