All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $9.91Trending at AU $13.64
- AU $9.75Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $8.82Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $10.52Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $25.00
- AU $9.29Trending at AU $11.26
- AU $7.44Trending at AU $12.14
About this product
- DescriptionA much-anticipated, beautiful new edition of a modern classic, this is the stunningly illustrated story of the seaside village of Mousehole, Cornwall, where Mowzer the cat lives happily with old fisherman Tom. Their life is a happy one - until one terrible winter the Great Storm-Cat comes clawing and snarling and leaping at the harbour walls, so that boat can go out to sea to fish. Soon, with Christmas coming, there is food left in Mousehole. It is then that Mowzer and Tom set out to brave the fury of the waves together, and discover that it might just need a cat's perspective to understand - and tame - the ferocious ways of the Great Storm-Cat sea...Gently yet powerfully told, this incredibly moving story of bravery, sacrifice and companionship inspired by Cornish legend is sure to connect with readers of all ages, new and old alike.
- Author BiographyAntonia Barber is an award-winning writer of children's and adult fiction, including her bestselling picture book Catkin, illustrated by P. J. Lynch, and her adult novels, The Ghosts and The Ring in the Rough Stuff, both of which were shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal. Antonia divides her time between a converted oast-house in Kent and a cosy harbourside cottage in the real Cornish village of Mousehole.
- Author(s)Antonia Barber
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date10/08/2016
- Weight193 g
- Width228 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nicola Bayley
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.