All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive book will serve as a step-by-step guide to Laban/Bartenieff Movement Analysis, updating and expanding concepts and practices. Following extensive research on the method developed by Rudolf von Laban and his disciples, this book explains movement principles, exercises, and motif symbols in detail. Organized according to the four categories of Laban/Bartenieff Movement Analysis (Body-Effort-Shape-Space), additional chapters present the different developments of the theory in relation to performing arts and movement therapy. The author draws on Laban/Bartenieff Movement Analysis as a dynamic and connective approach, traveling from classroom and studio to everyday life, stage performance, and film acting. The Laban perspective serves as a multimedia artistic viewpoint, intertwining theory, learning, and imagery. This unique approach to this internationally used method is essential reading for educators and students of dance and other performing arts and movement-related professions.
- Author BiographyCiane Fernandes is tenured professor at the School of Theater and the Performing Arts Graduate program at Federal University of Bahia (PPGAC/UFBA), Salvador, Brazil. She is an associate researcher at the Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies (LIMS), New York. She has a Ph.D. in art and humanities for performing artists from New York University, a certificate of movement analysis from LIMS and a post-doctorate degree in Contemporary Culture and Communications from UFBA. For the last twenty years Ciane has worked with Laban/Bartenieff Movement Analysis and Authentic Movement in education, research and performance. She has taught and performed based on these methods internationally, and presented lecture demonstrations and photo/video exhibitions. Ciane lives in Lencois BA, Brazil. For more information, go to www.cianefernandes.pro.br or www.ppgac.tea.ufba.br.
- Author(s)Ciane Fernandes
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/12/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteb&w photos and drawings
- Weight617 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.