Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe first volume of the series is both a simple introduction to the JetBrains MPS language workbench and a complete reference manual. This book explains the MPS programming paradigm and gradually introduces the reader to the many features of the MPS platform. The MPS Language Workbench may yet be the simplest way to discover MPS and the powerful new approach to programming that this tool offers. The Meta Programming System (MPS) is a new kind of tool called a Language Workbench that makes it easier and more fun to write programs. With traditional programming, it is common to choose one programming language to solve a problem and being limited by this choice. When working with MPS you can use and combine different languages to solve a problem. You can also create simple languages (e.g., Domain Specific Languages) or extend existing ones when the languages available do t exactly meet the evolving needs of the problem at hand. The languages that you create with MPS will integrate nicely with languages developed by others. MPS is open-source and can be obtained from http: //jetbrains.com/mps. This second edition describes MPS version 3.2.
- Author BiographyFabien Campagne, PhD, is the head of a scientific laboratory working in the field of Bioinformatics. His laboratory develops computational approaches to help manage and analyze biological data (http: //campagnelab.org). Over the years, Dr. Campagne has led the development of several large-scale bioinformatics systems that take advantage of a wide range of software engineering and programming techniques. Dr. Campagne is routinely evaluating new approaches to software engineering and programming that can help his laboratory develop bioinformatics software more efficiently. He wrote this book because he found the MPS Language Workbench a very powerful open-source tool for programming and system design, which lacked a well-designed and accessible introductory and reference textbook.
- Author(s)Fabien Campagne
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byFabien Campagne
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.