Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mug is a collaborative project between artist Sarah Lucas and poet enfant terrible Olivier Garbay, exploring the ways in which the pair catalogue their thoughts and ideas. Presented here as a stream-of-consciousness alphabetised address book, the volume mixes Garbay's free-form Anglo-Gallic poetry with Lucas' various artistic experiments, dabbling in dirt, domies, and drinking. In the words of Thomas Edison, genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, and Lucas and Garbay have collected every last drop here in 'The Mug', giving the viewer insight into two unharnessed, utterly creative minds.
- Author BiographySarah Lucas was born in Holloway, London, 1962, and studied at Goldsmith's College. One of the leading figures in the generation of Young British Artists who emerged during the 1990s, she has gained an international reputation for provocative works that frequently employ coarse visual puns and a defiant, bawdy humor. Her works span the media of photography, collage and found objects. Sarah Lucas lives in Suffolk, England, and works in London. She is represented by Sadie Coles HQ, London, Gladstone Gallery, New York, and CFA Berlin. Oliver Garbay is a poet and boyfriend of Sarah Lucas.
- Author(s)Oliver Garbay,Sarah Lucas
- PublisherOther Criteria
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOther Criteria
- Content Note317 colour
- Weight1451 g
- Width203 mm
- Height153 mm
- Spine61 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.