Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by manyhills
- Est. delivery by 31 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe bestselling vel from the Man Booker Prize shortlisted author of The Northern Clemency and King of the Badgers. 'The Mulberry Empire' recounts an episode in the Great Game in central Asia - the courtship, betrayal and invasion of Afghanistan in the 1830s by the emissaries of Her Majesty's Empire, which is followed by the bloody and summary expulsion of the British from Kabul following an Afghani insurrection. At its heart the encounter between West and East, as embodied in the likeable, complex relationship between Alexander Burnes, leader of the initial British expeditionary party, and the wily, cultured Afghani ruler, the Amir Dost Mohammed Khan. For those who enjoyed William Dalrymple's 'Return of a King', 'The Mulberry Empire' is a must-read.
- Author BiographyPhilip Hensher is a columnist for the Independent, arts critic for the Spectator and a Granta Best of Young British novelist. He has written six novels, including The Mulberry Empire and the Booker-shortlisted The Northern Clemency, and one collection of short stories. He lives in South London.
- Author(s)Philip Hensher
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/02/2003
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Content Note16 illustrations
- Weight373 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $94.28
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $24.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.