Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
About this product
- DescriptionThe desire for greater fuel efficiency and reduced emissions have accelerated a shift from traditional materials to design solutions that more closely match materials and their properties with key applications. The Multi Material Lightweight Vehicle (MMLV) Project presents cutting edge engineering that meets future challenges in a concept vehicle with weight and life-cycle assessment savings. These results significantly contribute to achieving fuel reduction and to meeting future Corporate Average Fuel Ecomy (CAFE) regulations without compromising vehicle performance or occupant safety. The MMLV Project presents:* Lightweight materials applications.* Body in white design and computer aided engineering* Engine and transmission design and lightweighting.* Full vehicle test results that are specific to the MMLV subsystems including crash, corrosion, durability and Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH).* The Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) for the MMLV The aluminum-intensive structure, combined with carbon fiber, magnesium, and titanium results in full vehicle mass reduction of a C/D class family sedan to that of a subcompact B-car (two vehicle segments lighter). The MMLV Project presents engineering solutions that frame materials selection and applications for the future.
- Author(s)David Wagner,Jeff L. Conklin,Matthew Zaluzec,Timothy W. Skszek
- PublisherSAE International
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationWarrendale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAE International
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.