All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a thorough, t-overly-complex introduction to the three technical foundations for multimedia applications across the Internet: communications (principles, techlogies and networking); compressive encoding of digital media; and Internet protocol and services. All the contributing systems elements are explained through descriptive text and numerous illustrative figures; the result is a book well-suited toward n-specialists, preferably with technical background, who need well-composed tutorial introductions to the three foundation areas. The text discusses the latest advances in digital audio and video encoding, optical and wireless communications techlogies, high-speed access networks, and IP-based media streaming, all crucial enablers of the multimedia Internet.
- Author(s)Stephen Weinstein
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleInformation Technology: Transmission, Processing and Storage
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note317 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight586 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.