The Music Box: Musical Instruments and the Great Composers: Two Encyclopedias of Classical Music, with More Than 1150 Photographs by Max Wade-Matthews, Wendy Thompson (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an outstanding and authoritative box set for classical music enthusiasts, covering the complete history of music-making, sections of the orchestra, and the lives and works of the great composers. It examines a wide range of musical instruments, including strings, woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboards and the voice, as well as rare and n-Western instruments. It features in-depth biographies of over 100 famous composers, such as Vivaldi, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Brahms and Shostakovich, encompassing all styles of composition from medieval times to the present day. It is fully illustrated with over 1150 photographs, fine art paintings and illuminations, including handwritten musical manuscripts, scenes from ballets and operas, concert halls, orchestras, musical instruments and composers' portraits. The two books in this beautiful box set provide a complete illustrated guide to the history of music, instruments of the orchestra and the most influential classical composers. Music answers the question, What is music? and What is a musical instrument? , and contains a directory of strings, woodwind and brass, percussion and keyboards, as well as a section on the voice. Composers covers the life and times and key works of over 100 great composers, from Bach to Tchaikovsky, and continues up to modern composers such as Carter, Boulez and Stockhausen. For all those who love classical music and want to find out more, The Music Box is an essential companion.
- Author BiographyMax Wade-Matthews attended the RAF School of Music at Uxbridge and served in brass bands in England, Germany and Hong Kong. He has written books on music, as well as playing with brass bands, conducting and teaching. Wendy Thompson studied piano and violin at the Royal College of Music, London. She was Editorial Director at Faber Music Limited, and then founded Classic Arts, an independent radio production company. She has written many titles in the Faber Composer's World series.
- Author(s)Max Wade-Matthews,Wendy Thompson
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication25/11/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 1150 photographs
- Weight1882 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $31.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.