All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Music Documentary offers a wide-range of approaches, across key moments in the history of popular music, in order to define and interrogate this prominent genre of film-making. The writers in this volume argue persuasively that the music documentary must be considered as an essential cultural artefact in documenting stars and icons, and musicians and their times - particularly for those figures whose fame was achieved posthumously. In this collection of fifteen essays, the reader will find comprehensive discussions of the history of music documentaries, insights in their production and promotion, close studies of documentaries relating to favourite bands or performers, and approaches to questions of music documentary and form, from the celluloid to the digital age.
- Author BiographyRobert Edgar is Head of the MA programmes in Film and Documentary at York St John University. Kirsty Fairclough-Isaacs is Lecturer in Media and Performance in the School of Media, Music and Performance at the University of Salford. Benjamin Halligan is the Director of Postgraduate Research Studies for the College of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Salford. Publications include Michael Reeves (2003) and Reverberations: The Philosophy, Aesthetics and Politics of Noise (2012).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables, 73 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBenjamin Halligan,Kirsty Fairclough-Isaacs,Robert Edgar
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.