All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book defines and describes the relationships between Chopin's music and one of the oldest but still used monastic rules, the Rule of Saint Benedict. Its goal is to construct bridges between music and spirituality. Since these two realms both refer to human life, the chapters of the book deal with current and existential issues such as beginnings, authority, weakness, interactions, emotions and others. The Rule of Saint Benedict and Chopin's music appear to belong to the same stylistic category of human culture, characterized by bleness, moderation and high sensibility. In this way two seemingly incompatible realities reveal their affinity to each other, and the one may explain the other. The book is situated at the boundary of musicology and theology. Its discourse is illustrated by many examples, carefully chosen from Chopin's music.
- Author BiographyBernard Sawicki OSB, is a monk of Benedictine Abbey in Tyniec (Poland). He studied at the Academy of Music in Warsaw, the Pontifical Academy of Theology in Cracow and the Pontifical University of Sant' Anselmo in Rome, where he is currently working.
- Author(s)Bernard Sawicki
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight280 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.