All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionDiscount code: SGMFVXEG ($6 off) A Parisian drugstore owner (Andre Pogoriloffsky), a man in his early fifties, who is also a skilled amateur pia player, experiences a two year long mental trip to a parallel (Temporalist) world, as an avatar. He will soon find out that he was purposely imported there in order to be taught the basics of that culture's music theory. Pogoriloffsky is permanently accompanied by a local musicologist - Jean-Philippe, an expert in the European musical tradition - and, for a while, initiated by an old psychologist (Herr Sch... etc.) in the cognitive aspects of Temporalist music theory. The two men ask Pogoriloffsky to memorize as much as he is capable to from the theoretical tions that he is presented with so that, once returned to Paris, be able to transcribe all that information for the use of his own musical culture. The music of the Temporalists describes a journey into a parallel world that is populated with humans like us who just happened to have cultivated music as the art of time and t as the art of sounds. Pogoriloffsky recounts all that experience with honesty, doing his best to meet his two guides' expectations.
- Author BiographyAndre Pogoriloffsky is the pen name used by Andrei Covaciu-Pogorilowski for his book The music of the Temporalists. He was born in Bucharest, Romania, in February 1968. Starting with 1982, he studied music independently, helped by several private professors. In 1989 A.P. started to hear in his head a strange yet beautiful music that he was unable to notate. Short excerpts were presented on the piano to his musician friends who confirmed that the temporal fabric of that music could not be rendered satisfactorily with help from the traditional, bar-rhythmical, semiography. Between that point and 1994, A.P. tried to formulate a theory and a notation for that music, the first result being his first published book - Energies of musical time - essential studies of pulsatory functionalism. In the late '90s, A.P. discovered cognitive musicology and started to merge his own discoveries with the bulk of scientific contributions from this interdisciplinary domain. After abandoning several approaches, the final result was his last book The music of the Temporalists, available now on Amazon Kindle. The author is currently living in his hometown, Bucharest, along with his wife Simona and his daughter Ina.
- Author(s)Andre Pogoriloffsky
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.