All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe Musician's Guide to Theory and Analysis is a complete package of theory and aural skills resources that covers every topic commonly taught in the undergraduate sequence. The package can be mixed and matched for every classroom, and with Norton's new Kw It? Show It! online pedagogy, students can watch video tutorials as they read the text, access formative online quizzes, and tackle workbook assignments in print or online. In its third edition, The Musician's Guide retains the same student-friendly prose and emphasis on real music that has made it popular with professors and students alike.
- Author BiographyJane Piper Clendinning is professor of music theory at the Florida State University College of Music. She has published articles reflecting her interests in the history of theory, theory and analysis of twentieth-century music, computer pitch recognition, and computer applications in music. Her current research interests include theory and analysis of popular and world musics. She has served as the chair of the Advanced Placement Music Theory Test Development Committee and as an AP reader, and is a regular consultant at AP workshops and summer Institutes. Elizabeth West Marvin is professor of music theory and former dean of academic affairs at the Eastman School of Music. She has published in the areas of music cognition, music theory pedagogy, theory and analysis of atonal music, contour theory, history of theory, and analysis and performance. She is past president of the Society for Music Theory and is currently co-chair of the Advanced Placement Music Theory Test Development Committee. Marvin is the 2012 recipient of the Gail Boyd de Stwolinski Prize for Lifetime Achievement in Music Theory Teaching and Scholarship.
- Author(s)Elizabeth West Marvin,Jane Piper Clendinning
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight1800 g
- Width211 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.