All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo those who study the integration of immigrants in Western countries, both Muslims and Canada are seen to be exceptions to the rule. Muslims are often perceived as unable or unwilling to integrate, mostly due to their religious beliefs, and Canada is portrayed as a model for successful integration. This book addresses the intersection of these two types of exceptionalism through an empirical study of the experiences of Muslim integration within Canadian society. Replete with practical implications, the analysis shows that instead of fixating on religion, the focus should be on the ecomic and social challenges Muslims in Canada face.
- Author BiographyAbdolmohammad Kazemipur is a professor of sociology at the University of Lethbridge.
- Author(s)Abdolmohammad Kazemipur
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.