The Mutation of European Consciousness and Spirituality: From the Mythical to the Modern by Willy Obrist (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the early 1970s, Willy Obrist worked on the neglected theory of C.G. Jung's depth psychology, incorporating it into modern kwledge about living organisms, and reflecting on the consequences of Jung's discovery for our worldview and religion. What is new about the present study is that Obrist approaches the religious metamorphosis from the perspective of the evolution of consciousness itself.The result of his exploration made the author realize that the development of European consciousness was t just an accidental historical process but a true evolutionary step: a mega mutation of consciousness. In this process, the basic parameter of the mythical understanding of our world was overcome and replaced by a completely new worldview which - after the discovery of the unconsious by Freud and Jung - was founded on scientific results empirically proved. This enables humanity to transcend the dilemma between kwledge and faith and to find a new understanding of both matter and mind that is adequate to today's kwledge of nature. From this point of view, a radically new access to spirituality and ethics becomes possible.
- Author BiographyWilly Obrist (1918-2013) studied philosophy, history, and medicine, and became an enthusiastic scientist in the field of human studies. After he had worked for a number of years as an internist (specializing in angiology) in his own practice in Switzerland, he decided to study depth psychology and completed his studies by becoming a training analyst. From 1979 to 2013 he was a lecturer at the C. G. Jung Institute in Zurich. He was a member of staff of the Stiftung fur Humanwissenschaftliche Grundlagenforschung (Zurich), conducting fundamental research focusing on the evolution of consciousness. He was a co-founder of the Swiss Society of Religious Studies, of the Foundation of Analytical Psychology (Zurich), and of the Foundation to Foster Philosophy (Monchengladbach, Germany).
- Author(s)Willy Obrist
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.45Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.