Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionChuck Kx developed a love of history, as a child, from his mother when she would relate stories of a rebel great grandmother and a great grandfather who served in the Union Army. He is a retired Senior Purchasing Officer from the University of Illiis and since his retirement he has pursued his lifelong passion of preserving stories of everyday heroes that saved this country. He has kwn veterans from the Spanish-American War, World War I and II, Korea and Viet Nam. The Muted Trumpet's Call is the fourth in a series of books on veterans from the Heartland. He was selected Outstanding Citizen of the Year by the Department of Illiis, Veterans of Foreign Wars for his work for veterans. He received an Horable Discharge from the United States Naval Reserve as a Radioman 2 serving 8 years. During this time he served on several WWII destroyers and met many WWII veterans. This book is dedicated to the young Americans of the 1940's. These young people were thrust into situations that they or ne of us could imagine. How they handled themselves and saved our country are stories worthy of legend and should t be forgotten. As they arrive at their final destination, I am sure they will hear the words, Well done, thou good and faithful servant. May God bless them and may God save the Republic. We should t be sad that such men are dead but rather be thankful that such men lived. Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr.
- Author(s)Chuck Knox
- Date of Publication06/07/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight869 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.