Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $115.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Myofascial Release Manual is w available in a new, thoroughly updated, and refined third edition. This improved and expanded book places a greater emphasis on hand placements that is reinforced with over 350 photographs. Three rewned experts in their own field, Sam Keggereis, PT, ATC, Steven Nowicki, PhD, and Robert Ward, D.O, have all contributed to this third edition, offering their unique insight and clarity into the technique of Myofascial Release.This timely book has a user-friendly format that concentrates on the specific how-to's of the myofascial techniques, as well as offering an explanation of the theory and experience of the method of Myofascial Release. The book begins by presenting the basic learning steps of the techniques, then takes the reader into the advanced techniques and evaluations. Additional resources such as posture evaluation forms and references are included at the end of the book, to augment the value of this superior learning tool. The Myofascial Release Manual, Third Edition is an essential manual that includes answers to commonly asked questions and does an excellent job of illustrating hand placement for many of the muscles in the body. Carol J. Manheim, MS, MEd, PT, LPC, rewned in the area of Myofascial Release, has developed this new edition to be modeled after her own extensive background, teaching experiences, and lectures.It is perfect for the experienced clinician interested in expanding his/her kwledge of this powerful soft tissue mobilization technique, or for the student who wants to become familiar with this valuable skill for manual therapy.
- Author BiographyCarol J. Manheim, MS, MEd, PT, LPC, received her MS degree from Case Western Reserve University and her MEd in clinical counseling from The Citadel. Ms. Manheim is a physical therapist and licensed professional counselor in private practice in Charleston, South Carolina. Ms. Manheim has taught courses and presented papers on Myofascial Release at a variety of state, national, and international venues. She has presented papers on Myofascial Release and the psychological effects of manual therapies at the World Confederation of Physical Therapy and at the national convention of the American Physical Therapy Association. She has presented papers and given workshops on the Soft Tissue Effects Caused by Diabetes Mellitus at the World Confederation of Physical Therapy and at the national convention of the American Physical Therapy Association. She taught a preconference two-day course on Myofascial Release at Physical Therapy 97 for the American Physical Therapy Association. Ms. Manheim has given courses for physical therapists and occupational therapists that were sponsored by various state organizations and agencies, including the South Carolina Consortium of Rehabilitation Agencies, the Northwest Consortium of Rehabilitation Facilities, and various health care facilities in the United States, Canada, and overseas. In addition, Ms. Manheim has presented lectures on body memory and physically facilitated abreactions at state and notational psychotherapy conferences. She is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association, the South Carolina Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, and a past member of the Neurodevelopmental Treatment Association and the International Society for Behavioral Science in Physical Therapy. She is also a member of the American Association of Counseling and Development, the American Mental Health Counselors Association, and Chi Iota Sigma (a national counseling honorary society) and a past member of the International Society for the Study of Dissociative Disorders.
- Author(s)Carol J. Manheim
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/08/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Content Noteill
- Weight1089 g
- Width221 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.