All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrepare for the journey of your life. Literally. This book does t aim to make your life carefree, to make your problems disappear, to turn you into a saint free from blemish or blame. In fact, you may end up utterly bewildered by The Mystery Experience at times. But you will also be intrigued. Curious.Questioning. Loving. Loved. Overjoyed. Seduced out of the numbness of banality. And most importantly, awake. Gloriously awake, and full of wonder. Philosopher and author Tim Freke leads us on a journey through the nature of the 'Mystery Experience', via quantum physics, Gsticism, the essence of Tao, meditation, Walt Whitman, Greek mythology, Buddhism, Dub Punk musician Jah Wobble, and Carl Jung. But what is the 'Mystery Experience'? You can taste it by simply focusing your attention on the mystery. But what is the mystery? The mystery is life. The mystery is the journey. The mystery is you. The mystery is me. The mystery makes you want to say, simply: WOW. No one has the answers, but asking the questions is what makes us come alive. Wherever you're coming from, you will find this journey rewarding.The only real requirement is that you're willing to wonder about life - to be curious and open - to be an explorer. Now prepare to leave base camp, because we're about to set off on a grand adventure.
- Author BiographyTim Freke has spent his life exploring the 'Mystery Experience' and sharing it with others. He has an honours degree in Philosophy and is an internationally respected authority on world spirituality. He is the founder of the Alliance for Lucid Living (ALL) and author of more than 30 books that have established his reputation as a scholar and free-thinker. He co-authored the acclaimed The Jesus Mysteries, which was a Daily Telegraph 'Book of the Year' and a Top 10 bestseller in the UK and USA.
- Author(s)Tim Freke
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWatkins Publishing
- Weight413 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.