All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second Ladies of Lantern Street vel from Amanda Quick explores the crimes, passions and pararmal secrets of Victorian London. Under the plain gray skirts of Miss Beatrice Lockwood s gown, a pistol waits at the ready. For Beatrice is a paid companion on a secret mission and with a secret past and she must be prepared to fight for her life at any moment. Yet she is thrown oddly off guard by the fierce-looking man who joins her in foiling a crime outside a fancy ball and then disappears into the shadows, leaving only his card. His name is Joshua Gage, and he claims to kw Beatrice s employers. Beyond that, he is an enigma with a hyptically calm voice and an ebony-and-steel cane. . . . Joshua, who carries out clandestine investigations for the Crown, is equally intrigued. He has a personal interest in Miss Lockwood, a suspected thief and murderer, t to mention a fraudster who claims to have psychical powers. The quest to discover her whereabouts has pulled him away from his mournful impulses to hurl himself into the sea and engaged his curiosity about the real Beatrice Lockwood, whose spirit, he suspects, is t as delicate as her face and figure. He does kw one thing, though: This flame-haired beauty was present the night Roland Fleming died at the Academy of the Occult. Guilty or t, she is his guide to a trail of blood and blackmail, mesmerism and madness a path that will lead both of them into the clutches of a killer who calls himself the Bone Man. . . .
- Author BiographyAMANDA QUICK is a pseudonym for Jayne Ann Krentz, the author, under various pen names, of more than fifty New York Times bestsellers. There are more than 35 million copies of her books in print. She lives in Seattle. Quick's recent titles include the first Ladies of Lantern Street novel, Crystal Gardens, and Quicksilver, book two of the Looking Glass trilogy.
- Author(s)Amanda Quick
- PublisherJove Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Series TitleLadies of Lantern Street Novels
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJove Books
- Weight181 g
- Width104 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- redfred5623 Jun, 2016by
I am a big fan of her writings and love the interconection of her books.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.68
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.61
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.