All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Peach Blossom Village's bridge disappears, Master Chen must solve the mystery! The Mystery of Dragon Bridge is an English-Chinese bilingual children's fantasy story. The tale revolves around the inhabitants of Peach Blossom Village and the mysterious Dragon Bridge the villagers' only connection to the outside world which suddenly vanishes in the middle of the night. The astonished villagers appoint a retired soldier, Master Chen, to investigate what has happened to their missing bridge. What he finds will surprise readers as much as it did the perplexed villagers! Both a satisfying mystery story and a lesson in working together for the community, preserving the environment, and appreciating what is often taken for granted, The Mystery of Dragon Bridge can be enjoyed by younger children and intermediate readers alike. The short, easy-to-read story is presented in both English and simplified Chinese, with vocabulary suitable for students aged 7 to 10, and features 12 beautiful watercolors painted by the author.
- Author BiographyAuthor and illustrator Ann Howard was bornin a small town in Butterfly Valley, deep in the mountains of Taiwan. She spent her childhood wandering the hillsides, chasing butterflies and dragonflies and sketching everything she saw. She has been a professional artist most of her adult life, painting surreal oils and watercolor illustrations. The Peach Blossom Village stories are a patchwork of her childhood memories interwoven with the landscape of her Northern California home. This is her first work of fiction. Find her online atwww.annhowardstudio.com.
- Author(s)Ann Howard
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Note4 colour throughout, 14 illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.