The Myth of the Lazy Native: A Study of the Image of the Malays, Filipinos and Javanese from the 16th to the 20th Century and Its Function in the Ideology of Colonial Capitalism by Syed Hussein Alatas (Paperback, 2010)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Myth of the Lazy Native is Syed Hussein Alatas' widely ackwledged critique of the colonial construction of Malay, Filipi and Javanese natives from the 16th to the 20th century. Drawing on the work of Karl Mannheim and the sociology of kwledge, Alatas analyses the origins and functions of such myths in the creation and reinforcement of colonial ideology and capitalism. The book constitutes in his own words: 'an effort to correct a one-sided colonial view of the Asian native and his society' and will be of interest to students and scholars of colonialism, post-colonialism, sociology and South East Asian Studies.
- Author(s)Syed Hussein Alatas
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.