All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique collection brings together various scholars of sociology and political science to explore the status and activities of the intellectuals and the intelligentsia past, present and future. The intellectuals and intelligentsia perform a social role as well as a mental function and are products of their age and country. Their role in various parts of the globe and in different historical periods is compared and contrasted. Long-range historical perspective is provided by an essay on the sociology of intellectual creativity in the axial period of human history. In addition, the role of the intellectual and intelligentsia and its implications for the future development of Third World nations is considered.
- Author BiographyRAJ P.MOHAN is Professor of Sociology at Auburn University in Alabama.
- Author(s)Raj P. Mohan
- Date of Publication20/10/1987
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleContributions in Sociology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 63.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight335 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byRaj P. Mohan
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.