All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionNew digital techlogy, falling production costs and a new type of company offering publishing services have contributed to self-publishing becoming a viable option for writers, rather than a poor second to finding a commercial publishing deal. Written by a publishing consultant and author, with plenty of advice from other industry professionals, this book offers an objective analysis of the processes and companies involved in self-publishing. It helps you to analyse your objectives, define and meet the needs of your audience and looks at the right kind of content for self publishing. Contains a Foreword by Mark Coker, Founder of Smashwords. It also provides insight into the editorial processes you will need to put your content through, how to commission services from freelancers and companies and how to get a product worthy of your name. It helps you to understand format and design options, and key issues concerning distribution, sales and marketing. Self-publishing is a costly venture and this guide will help you to scrutinise your investment choices and produce a more professional-looking product.
- Author BiographyAlison Baverstock is an expert on publishing, has written and lectured widely on the subject and runs the MA in Publishing at Kingston University. She is author of Is There a Book in You? and How to Market Your Book.
- Author(s)Alison Baverstock
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteN/A
- Weight421 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.