All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost of the languages of Papua New Guinea are still poorly documented. This first grammar of Nalik provides one of the most accessible and detailed descriptions of a New Ireland language, even while English and Tok Pisin are becoming increasingly dominant among the four thousand Nalik speakers. Rejecting the idea of an artificial standard form of the language, this volume is unusual in its description of the grammatical variation caused by such a fluid linguistic ecology.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Craig Volker is Associate Professor in the School of Languages at the Gifu University for Education and Languages in Japan. He studied at the East-West Center and received his Ph.D. in linguistics from the University of Hawai'i. He has written a number of articles on the pidgin and Austronesian languages of Papua New Guinea and has edited translations into Nalik and Tok Pisin.
- Author(s)Craig Alan Volker
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1998
- Series TitleBerkeley Models of Grammars
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1998
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note33 fig., 2 maps
- Weight520 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.