All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGifted artist? Standout student? All his teachers are sure certain that Evan Galloway can be the graduate who brings glory to small, ordinary St. Sebastian's School. As for Evan, however, he can't be bothered anymore. Since the shock of his young father's suicide last spring, Evan longer cares about the future. In fact, he believes that he spent the first fifteen years of his life living a lie. Despite his mother's encouragement and the steadfast companionship of his best friend, Alexis, Evan is mired in rage and bitterness. Good memories seem ludicrous when the present holds hope. Then Evan's grandmother hands him the key--literally, a key--to a locked trunk that his father hid when he was the same age as Evan is w. Digging into the trunk and the small-town secrets it uncovers, Evan can begin to face who his father really was, and why even the love of his son could t save him. In a voice that resonates with the authenticity of grief, Steven Parlato tells a different kind of coming-of-age story, about a boy thrust into adulthood too soon, through the corridor of shame, disbelief, and finally...compassion.
- Author BiographySteven Parlato, a writer, teacher, and illustrator whose poetry has been featured in Borderlands and Freshwater is the winner of the 2011 Tassy Walden Award for New Voices in Children's Literature. He lives in Connecticut with his family and is at work on his second novel.
- Author(s)Steven Parlato
- PublisherAdams Media Corporation
- Date of Publication25/01/2013
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationHolbrook, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdams Media Corporation
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.