All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWho hasn't wondered why bad things happen to them? The Nancy Who Drew plants a seed of hope that our painful experiences can have a positive outcome when we are willing to see ourselves on more than one level. The Nancy Who Drew is a memoir that solved a mystery. During the course of writing her book, delving deeper into her feelings as well as the events that occurred, Nancy discovered a clue that would completely alter her perception of why things happened the way that they did. This is the story of a shy and dreamy girl growing up in New York City in the 50s and 60s. When she is cruelly betrayed by her mother, Nancy flees to London to realize her dream of studying at RADA and becoming an actress in England. Upon her return home seven years later, disillusioned with acting and eager to start a new life as a painter, her mother confesses that she conceived Nancy in revenge for World War II. Strangely, this resonates with Nancy, as if she has kwn it all along. She becomes an artist, exploring her subconscious through drawing and painting. But it isn't until decades later when she begins to write her story that she discovers the meaning of the images. Putting everything together, including childhood drawings of a dead girl and dreams of death, she comes to a new understanding of why she might have created her reality. By sifting through the clues in her own life, Nancy learns about a girl who was killed by the Nazis exactly six years and six months before the day before she was born. Is this the girl who haunted her dreams in childhood? Is this the girl on her canvas? If it is, then her own life begins to make sense w. Sometimes the only way to make sense of your life is to remember the one that came before. Nancy Wait offers an inspiring memoir about rising from abuse to become her soul's intention. She realizes that she has been given the clues all along. Finally, connecting to a previous death, she comes to kw that betrayal is sacred when the heart can encompass the whole.
- Author BiographyNancy Wait was born in Chicago and grew up in New York City. She studied acting at the High School of Performing Arts and Carnegie-Mellon in Pittsburgh. In 1969 she went to London to study at RADA and had a career in England during the 1970s, appearing in film, television and theater, under the name Nancie Wait. After a spiritual awakening in 1976, she returned to New York and began a second career as a free-lance artist of architectural renderings and portraits. She also painted a series from her imagination, and it was after these she decided to write about her life. She is currently working on a second memoir.
- Author(s)Nancy Wait
- Date of Publication14/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.