All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn order for students to write effective narratives, they need to read good narratives. In this practical book, you'll find out how to use mentor texts to make narrative writing instruction more meaningful, authentic, and successful. Author Sean Ruday demonstrates how you can teach elementary and middle school students to analyze the qualities of effective narratives and then help them think of those qualities as tools to improve their own writing. You'll learn how to: * Introduce your students to the key features of a successful narrative, such as engaging the reader, organizing an event sequence, and crafting a strong conclusion. * Assess students' writing by evaluating the specific attributes of an effective narrative. * Make narrative writing an interactive, student-driven exercise in which students pursue their own writing projects. * Use mentor texts to help students learn the core concepts of narrative writing and apply those skills across the curriculum. * Encourage students to incorporate techlogy and multimedia as they craft their narratives. The book is filled with examples and templates you can bring back to the classroom immediately, as well as an antated bibliography with mentor text suggestions and links to the Common Core. You'll also find a study guide that will help you use this book for professional development with colleagues. Bonus: Blank templates of the handouts are available as printable eResources on our website (http://www.routledge.com/9781138924390).
- Author BiographySean Ruday is Assistant Professor of English Education at Longwood University. He is also the author of The Argument Writing Toolkit, The Informational Writing Toolkit, The Common Core Grammar Toolkit, Grades 6-8, and The Common Core Grammar Toolkit, Grades 3-5.
- Author(s)Sean Ruday
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 48 black & white tables
- Weight310 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.