All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe study discusses the Old Testament's parable of Nathan and the subsequent condemnation of King David. The intriguing episode of the Prophet Nathan prouncing judgment on the erring King David has always attracted the interest of the exegete and various researchers have used different methods to separate the condemnation of King David from the ancient author. This study presents a synchronic reading of the canical text that reveals the episode as the mirror image of the oracle of eternal dynasty prounced to David by the same prophet in the Second Book of Samuel 7. It is indeed the work of the deuteromistic writer who has adapted an oracle against the dynasty of David and trimmed it to the advantage of his hero in the unfolding of history.
- Author BiographyJames Donkor Afoakwah is a priest of the Archdiocese of Cape Coast, Ghana. He studied Philosophy in Accra, Theology in Cape Coast, holds a Licentiate in Sacred Scriptures from the Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome and a PhD from the Eberhard Karl's University in Tubingen, Germany.
- Author(s)James Donkor Afoakwah
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight510 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.