All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe National Museum in Warsaw, one of the largest museums in Poland, is home to a plethora of striking objects: from a collection of Chinese art comprising around five thousand objects to the Faras Gallery, home to Europe's largest collection of Nubian Christian art. Polish paintings from the sixteenth century onwards also feature, hung alongside paintings reclaimed from Nazis. In 2012 the permanent galleries were rehung; paintings are w arranged thematically rather than chrologically. Visitors can compare Italian with Flemish, Polish with German art while wandering through rooms of landscapes, cityscapes, biblical scenes and more. The Director's Choice is an intimate insight into a vast collection, unravelling the story of the museum and its artworks.
- Author BiographyAgnieszka Morawinska is the Director of the National Museum in Warsaw. She has lectured at the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw and worked as curator at the Royal Castle in Warsaw.
- Author(s)Agnieszka Morawinska
- PublisherScala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleDirector's Choice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintScala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd
- Content Note37 colour
- Weight181 g
- Width165 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.