The National Trust Guide to Great Opera Houses in America by Karyl Lynn Zietz (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionThe first and only guide to the history and architecture of America's famous opera houses The American opera scene has grown with the country, spawning a proliferation of beautiful and enchanting opera houses. This unique guided tour covers almost 100 historical and contemporary opera houses dating from 1765 up to the present--halls such as the Academy of Music in Philadelphia, the San Francisco Opera House, and the Cullen Theater in Houston. America's opera houses present an eclectic collection of buildings, from converted warehouses to ornate vaudevillian venues and modern concrete and glass structures. The National Trust Guide to Great Opera Houses in America celebrates this dynamic range of architectural types and styles, revealing how European elements were transformed into a distinctly authentic and vital part of America's architectural and musical heritage. Grouped by geographic region, this easy-to-use resource contains important historical information on structures--some destroyed as well as those still standing--including dates, name changes, seating capacity, and more. Many of the buildings featured are National Historic Landmarks or are listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Almost 140 vintage and recent photographs bring to life these magnificent buildings and the operatic scenes enacted on their stages. Whether used as a travel planner or an armchair reference, this definitive book is a must for music and theater enthusiasts, architects, designers, and preservationists--the perfect front row seat to the dramatic history of opera in America.
- Author BiographyKARYL LYNN ZIETZ, a noted opera expert, is the American correspondent for the publication about Teatro Alla Scala in Milan, and writes for Opera Now in London, Orpheus in Berlin, and Opera Australasia in Sydney. She is the author of Opera! The Guide to Western Europe's Great Houses and Opera Companies of the United States. THE NATIONAL TRUST FOR HISTORIC PRESERVATION is the only private, nonprofit organization chartered by Congress to encourage public participation in the preservation of sites, buildings, and objects significant in American history and culture.
- Author(s)Karyl Lynn Zietz
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/10/1996
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notephotographs
- Weight436 g
- Width180 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.