Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first major study of a significant post within the British government. Drawing on a wide range of archival sources and interviews with senior health professionals and politicians, this book positions the Chief Medical Officer as one of the most influential individuals within the Whitehall system, with personal responsibility for the health of the population. Through a number of case studies, including the 1950s smoking and lung caner issue, and the AIDS and BSE crises of the 1980s and 1990s, The Nation's Doctor examines how the CMO operates, drawing on expertise to inform the direction of government health policy.
- Author(s)Sally Sheard,Sir Liam J. Donaldson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRadcliffe Publishing Ltd
- Weight566 g
- Width305 mm
- Height229 mm
- Foreword byDenis Pereira Gray
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.