All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe current landscape of health and nutrition literature is a maze of conflicting advice, contradicting ideas, and flawed premises. The Natural Diet is an attempt to cut through all of that as helpfully and succinctly as possible, with an emphasis on what you need to kw to be as healthy as you can for the rest of your life. Too often, people who make a good-faith effort to learn more about nutrition end up more confused than they were when they started. Have you ever had that feeling? A magazine, or book, or TV spokesman says This list of foods is good for you, and this list is bad. Always do this, and never do that. Meanwhile, one person's list looks completely different from someone else's, and what 'everybody' is saying you should eat is different from what 'everybody' said you should eat ten years ago, which is completely different from what was 'in' ather ten years before that. On an intuitive level, these diet fads just don't make sense. Some people say milk and dairy are bad for us. How can milk be bad, if we're mammals, and milk is sufficiently nutritious to feed us through the period of our lives when good nutrition is most critical? Other authorities will insist that the only way to be healthy is to eat a more or less flavorless diet. How can a 'healthy' diet be so unpleasant to the senses-in other words, why would our ses and tongues make 'unhealthy' food seem appealing, and 'healthy' food bland and undesirable? Does it really make sense that your body is built to lead you to the wrong foods? Still others will tell you that you must take some supplement or eat some invented superfood for optimal health. How can our bodies 'require' a certain food product that has only been created in recent history? Were human beings never healthy until its invention, and did the human body somehow evolve to require a product that didn't even exist yet? So many of the most common ideas in nutrition just don't hold up if you spend a few minutes thinking about them. Couple this with the fact that there are cultures all around the world who spend practically time thinking about being fat or thin and enjoy longer lives and better health than most in the developed West do, and it becomes clear that we're missing something important on an intuitive level. The Natural Diet seeks to end this confusion once and for all-it's a two-hour read that will change the way you understand food and nutrition forever.
- Author BiographyPatrick Barrett has been interested in exercise ever since he started to lift weights with his dad and older brothers as a kid. He participated in a half-dozen organized sports (most notably inline hockey and high school wrestling) until a neck injury during a wrestling match in his junior year prevented him from playing further in any contact sports. After the injury, he developed an interest in pursuing strength and balance, particularly through bodyweight and self-taught gymnastic-type exercises. Patrick has always loved both cooking and eating food. Unsatisfied with the confusing and often contradictory nutritional advice offered by mainstream sources, Patrick searched for another way to understand human nutrition that was logical, consistent, and effective. His books on food and nutrition reflect this 'cleaner, ' more intuitive and useful understanding of food and how it impacts our health. Patrick hopes that his books will save his audience time and aggravation by finally offering practical ways to achieve their nutrition and fitness goals.
- Author(s)Patrick Barrett
- Date of Publication23/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.