All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe secret life of woods and fields is brought together in The Naturalist's Bedside Book, that delightful collection of BB essays on the seasons of the British countryside. This book was first published in 1980 and is w redesigned and back in print for a new generation to dip into. As he moves from winter through to spring, summer and autumn, BB covers such topics as: * fighting starlings and where to site tit boxes * how to identify old nests in winter hedgerows * BB's pet rook Percy, an injured fledgling * separating a clinging, amorous frog from a carp * what makes a good taxidermist * albi birds and mammals * the perfume of the balsam poplar * how to keep horse flies and midges at bay * a search for the eggs of the purple emperor butterfly * the 15-year-old hand-reared goldfinch * a perfect field pond * autumn deer ruts * long-eared owls mobbed by jays Illustrated with 20 of his beautiful scraper-board illustrations, this new edition is in an improved, larger print and contains the addition of a BB illustration of the Bowcase Stone.
- Author(s)B. B.
- PublisherMerlin Unwin Books
- Date of Publication03/09/2008
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationShropshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMerlin Unwin Books
- Content Note16 black and white scraperboard illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Illustrator(s)Denys Watkins-Pitchford
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.