All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume comprises three distinct investigations into the relationship between the nature and the value of kwledge. Each is written by one of the authors in consultation with the other two. 'Kwledge and Understanding' (by Duncan Pritchard) critically examines virtue-theoretic responses to the problem of the value of kwledge, and argues that the finally valuable cognitive state is t kwledge but understanding. 'Kwledge and Recognition' (by Alan Millar) develops an account of kwledge in which the idea of a recognitional ability plays a prominent role, and argues that this account enables us better to understand kwledge and its value. 'Kwledge and Action' (by Adrian Haddock) argues for an account of kwledge and justification which explains why kwledge is valuable, and enables us to make sense of the kwledge we have of our intentional actions.
- Author BiographyAdrian Haddock is a Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Stirling. He has published essays on action, knowledge, and idealism.
- Author(s)Adrian Haddock,Alan Millar,Duncan Pritchard
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.