All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is a comprehensive study of a unique Maya site offering the full range of undisturbed architectural features. For two millennia, the site w kwn as Blue Creek in rthwestern Belize was a Maya community that became an ecomic and political center that included some 15,000-20,000 people at its height. Fairly well protected from human destruction, the site offers the full range of city components including monumental ceremonial structures, elite and n-elite residences, ditched agricultural fields, and residential clusters just outside the core. Since 1992, a multi-disciplinary, multi-national research team has intensively investigated Blue Creek in an integrated study of the dynamic structure and functional inter-relationships among the parts of a single Maya city. Documented in coverage by National Geographic, Archaeology magazine, and a documentary film aired on the Discovery Channel, Blue Creek is recognized as a unique site offering the full range of undisturbed architectural construction to reveal the mosaic that was the ancient city. Moving beyond the debate of what constitutes a city, Guderjan's long-term research reveals what daily Maya life was like.
- Author BiographyThomas H. Guderjan is the president of Maya Research Program, a non-profit research organization. He received his PhD from Southern Methodist University and has been a faculty member at St. Mary's University and Texas Christian University.
- Author(s)Thomas H. Guderjan
- PublisherThe University of Alabama Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2008
- Series TitleCaribbean Archaeology and Ethnohistory Series
- Place of PublicationAlabama
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Alabama Press
- Content Note40 illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Series Edited byL. Antonio Curet
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.49Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.