All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionUp-to-Date Coverage of the Navier-Stokes Equation from an Expert in Harmonic Analysis The complete resolution of the Navier-Stokes equation-one of the Clay Millennium Prize Problems-remains an important open challenge in partial differential equations (PDEs) research despite substantial studies on turbulence and three-dimensional fluids. The Navier-Stokes Problem in the 21st Century provides a self-contained guide to the role of harmonic analysis in the PDEs of fluid mechanics. The book focuses on incompressible deterministic Navier-Stokes equations in the case of a fluid filling the whole space. It explores the meaning of the equations, open problems, and recent progress. It includes classical results on local existence and studies criterion for regularity or uniqueness of solutions. The book also incorporates historical references to the (pre)history of the equations as well as recent references that highlight active mathematical research in the field.
- Author BiographyPierre Gilles Lemarie-Rieusset is a professor at the University of Evry Val d'Essonne. Dr. Lemarie-Rieusset has constructed many widely used bases, such as the Meyer-Lemarie wavelet basis and the Battle-Lemarie spline wavelet basis. His current research focuses on the application of harmonic analysis to the study of nonlinear PDEs in fluid mechanics. He is the author or coauthor of several books, including Recent Developments in the Navier-Stokes Problem.
- Author(s)Pierre-Gilles Lemarie-Rieusset
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication18/04/2016
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations
- Weight1274 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.