All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe #1 New York Times bestselling author, chef, and healthy living expert Rocco DiSpirito returns with a revolutionary whole foods-based diet plan and cookbook featuring more than seventy-five delicious recipes and 100 color photographs. In The Negative Calorie Diet, Rocco DiSpirito shares how simple it is to eat wholesome, delicious foods that naturally support weight loss. He calls these foods negative calorie foods -foods that help you to burn body fat, lose weight, and boost your metabolism. These whole foods are packed with fiber, so t only do you tend to eat smaller portions of them naturally, but you also stay fuller, longer. These nutritious superfoods offer the essential vitamins and minerals the body needs to keep your metabolism running efficiently. Some even offer what is kwn as a thermogenic effect -effectively boosting your metabolism to increase the rate at which your body burns energy. And you can eat as much of them as you want! Rocco begins with a ten-day cleanse designed to kick-start weight loss and detox the body, preparing it to reap the benefits of a nutrient-rich, whole foods diet. Next comes the twenty-day meal plan, with step-by-step guidance to help you achieve maximum results. To make it easy, Rocco gives you more than seventy-five recipes for meals, snacks, smoothies, and desserts that use his Top 10 Negative Calorie Foods: almonds, apples, berries, celery, citrus fruits, cruciferous vegetables (such as cauliflower and Brussels sprouts), cucumbers, leafy greens (including Swiss chard, spinach, and kale), mushrooms, and nightshade vegetables, including peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, and more. Complete with grocery shopping lists, troubleshooting FAQs, a guide to dining out, and advice for adapting the plan for kids and families as well as vegetarian, gluten-free, and low-sugar lifestyles, The Negative Calorie Diet helps you build healthy habits to lose weight and achieve better health for a lifetime.
- Author BiographyRocco DiSpirito is a James Beard Award-winning celebrity chef and the author of eleven highly acclaimed books and three #1 New York Times bestsellers, including The Pound a Day Diet. Rocco has starred on numerous television shows and is frequently featured as a food and weight-loss expert in print and online media. He is the founder of the Pound a Day Diet fresh food delivery service and personally cooks for and coaches hundreds of clients to wellness as a passionate health advocate. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Rocco DiSpirito
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarper Wave
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight961 g
- Width191 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.