All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Nehrus is being revived as a Classic Reissue. This book has established itself as a standard biography of Motilal and Jawaharlal Nehru. It provides a gripping survey of seventy momentous years of Indian History between 1861 and 1931. This edition carries a new Preface where the author talks about how and why he embarked on writing this book. Father and son played very different parts in the national struggle; but so intertwined were their lives that they influenced each other, t least when they differed. Love of ones children is a natural and common eugh emotion, but in the case of Motilal, it had a rare quality, which Gandhi, a deeply religious man, described as divine. It carries a section analysing Jawaharlal Nehrus role in the national movement after 1931, his relationship with Gandhi, and his contribution as Indias first Prime Minister until his death in 1964.
- Author BiographyB.R. Nanda is formerly Founder-Member, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, New Delhi.
- Author(s)B. R. Nanda
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication06/12/2007
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Note9 black and white photographs
- Weight425 g
- Width140 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.