All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Nether, a daring examination of moral responsibility in virtual worlds, opens with a familiar interrogation scene given a techlogical twist. As Detective Morris, an investigator of the Nether's online offerings, questions Mr. Sims about his activities in a role-playing realm so realistic it could be life, she finds herself on unexpectedly slippery ground. Sims argues for the freedom to explore even the most deviant corners of our imagination. Morris holds that we cant flesh out our malign fantasies without consequence. Their clash of wills leads to a consequence neither could have imagined. Suspenseful, ingeniously constructed, and fiercely intelligent, Haley's play forces us to confront deeply disturbing questions about the boundaries of reality.
- Author BiographyJennifer Haley won the 2012 Susan Smith Blackburn Prize for The Nether. The play's premiere by the Center Theatre Group at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Los Angeles won seven 2013 Ovation Awards, including Playwriting. Her other plays include Neighborhood 3: Requisitions of Doom and Breadcrumbs. Her work has been developed at the Sundance Theatre Lab, The Eugene O'Neill Theater Center's National Playwrights Conference, and Lark Play Development Center. She is a member of New Dramatists.
- Author(s)Jennifer Haley
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.