All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Network Migration Workbook - 2nd Edition for 2012 - gives you everything you need to migrate a Windows network - with emphasis on the SBS 2011, SBS 2008, and SBS 2003 environments. It won't fit in your back pocket. It's on full letter size paper and it's 536 pages! But it definitely has everything you need. The authors start with a discussion of the entire process so you see the big picture. The authors talk about the scope of work and how critical it is to your internal processes and your relationship with the client. Next, they introduce the pre-discovery process. That means making a list of all the things you need to discover so you really understand the project. After the pre-discovery is complete, you can quote the project. They lay out a process based on 10+ years of SBS Migration experience. The book divides the migration into seven distinct stages. It shows you how to estimate the labor required for each stage. So you can always create a quote that's exactly suited for each client. Those seven stages become seven service requests. You and the client agree on everything. As you finish each stage, you track every minute of every job. ALL work is inside the scope of the project. If it's t inside the scope, then it must be outside the scope. In that case, you create a new service request that's billable. The client agrees because they've bought in from the beginning. Now you've delivered your migration project on time and inside the budget. All other work is outside the scope of the migration project and therefore billable. Don't worry. The authors show you how to complete every piece of this process. Includes Excel spreadsheets with quotes, the wording for the service requests, and click-by-click every keystroke it takes to deliver a migration with zero downtime. This process has been used successfully in network migrations small and large - all around the world - in thousands of networks. Zero Downtime means that all client operations remain live while you migrate the servers, desktops, and databases during rmal business hours. Because the old system remains completely intact, you can w have stress-free migrations that can be scheduled over time. No more evening and weekend migrations! No more client downtime!
- Author(s)Karl W Palachuk,Manuel L Palachuk
- PublisherGreat Little Book Publishing Co., Inc.
- Date of Publication14/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreat Little Book Publishing Co., Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1197 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byHarry Brelsford
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.