All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionNeurological complications of progressive HIV-1 infection remain a common cause of morbidity even during widespread use of antiretroviral therapy (ART). Long-term resistance to ART, drug compliance, untoward drug side effects, a myriad of opportunistic infection, depression and other psychiatric disease manifestations, concomitant drug abuse, neuropathies, and an inability to clear viral reservoirs, explain, in large measure, disease progression and immune deterioration. These are associated with a number of psychiatric, muscle, nerve, infectious, as well as cognitive, behavioral, and motor disturbances seen in infected people. Fully updated from the previous two editions and replete with color images, The Neurology of AIDS, Third Edition covers each of these neurological complications and more with a focus on molecular and viral disease processes, cellular factors influencing viral replication therapeutic challenges, and the changing epidemiological patterns of disease. From basic science to clinical care, to epidemiological disease patters, The Neurology of AIDS is the only complete textbook available on AIDS neurology and the only one comprehensive eugh to stand alone in each segment of study in brain disorders affected by the human immudeficiency virus. It is an indispensable resource for students, resident physicians, practicing physicians, and for researchers and experts in the HIV/AIDS field.
- Author BiographyHoward E. Gendelman, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center Omaha, NE. Igor Grant, MD, Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry, Director, HIV Neurobehavioral Research Program, University of California-San Diego, La Jolla, CA. Ian Paul Everall, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry and Head of Department, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Howard S. Fox, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE. Harris A. Gelbard, MD, PhD, Director of The Center for Neural Development and Disease, Professor of Neurology, Pediatrics, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY. Stuart A. Lipton, MD, PhD, Professor and Scientific Director, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute; Adjunct Professor of Neurosciences, University of California-San Diego; Adjunct Professor, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies and The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA. Susan Swindells, MBBS, Professor of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication08/12/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note205 illustrations
- Weight3448 g
- Width222 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine57 mm
- Edited byHarris A. Gelbard,Howard E. Gendelman,Howard S. Fox,Ian Paul Everall,Igor Grant,Stuart A. Lipton,Susan Swindells
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.