Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an accessible and insightful book about how to achieve a successful academic career. Wise and witty, easy-to-apply, it presents advice and guidance on teaching, research and networking ...A much needed book. Dr Ming Cheng, Senior Research Fellow, the Centre for Learning and Teaching, University of Brighton, UK All academic staff should get a copy of this book on day one as part of orientation! It is well written, practical and easy to read. I will use this book as a road map for my whole career. Dr Rhonda Clifford, Deputy Director, Division of Pharmacy, University of Western Australia, Australia This is a book that is long overdue! While it will be particularly appealing to early career academic and should be recommended reading for all 'new academics', it will also have wider and broader appeal for all academic leaders and managers interested in building a culture of effective, engaged academics who can achieve their full career potential, and thereby contribute to the success of the institution. Professor Lorraine Stefani, Director, Centre for Academic Development, University of Auckland, New Zealand Are you looking to build a successful academic career? Written by an experienced author, this insightful handbook gives a comprehensive overview of academic work, from the starting point of seeking employment to moving into leadership roles. In today's competitive academic environment, you need to be able to operate strategically as a teacher, researcher and leader to establish yourself and progress. This book shows you how to take ownership of your career, build a strong support base and integrate regular evaluative and reflective practices to monitor the success of your career strategy. The book: Explains the broader higher education context and the way academics are assessed and evaluated Explores the key support strategies that can be accessed, including mentors and sponsors Includes practical checklists and tips on academic practices, including grant seeking, publishing, teaching, networking and managing research projects Examines critical issues such as dealing with difficult academic cultures and bullying
- Author BiographyShelda Debowski is Deputy Vice Chancellor at the University of Notre Dame Australia. She previously held the role of Professor of Higher Education Development at the University of Western Australia. She has over 30 years experience in the sector, has led a number of initiatives supporting enhanced academic practice and development and is recognised as a leading commentator in the field.
- Author(s)Shelda Debowski
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1 g
- Width69 mm
- Height97 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.