The New Asian Emperors: The Overseas Chinese, Their Strategies and Competitive Advantages by Chin Tiong Tan, George T. Haley, Usha C. V. Haley (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.24+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMuch has been written about the rise of the Asian ecomies in recent decades, and their coming ecomic dominance in the next century. The New Asian Emperors shows how and why overseas Chinese companies are achieving dominance in the Asia Pacific. In the wake of the Asian Currency crisis, this book takes a fresh look at the role of the overseas Chinese as they continue to create some of Asia's most wealthy and successful companies. In particular, the authors tackle the principal difference between Western and Eastern business practices. The overseas Chinese, due to their origins and history developed a unique form of management - w they maintain it as their competitive advantage. Although Asian governments are currently floundering, the overseas Chinese networks continue to prosper. The authors explain the following to Eastern and Western managers: the sources and characteristics of overseas Chinese management, how to combat the overseas Chinese, the strengths and exploitable weaknesses of the overseas Chinese, whether overseas Chinese management practices will spread in the same way as Japanese management did, whether Western management techlogies will find themselves outclassed. A feature of the book are the exclusive, in-depth interviews with the New Asian Emperors since most of them avoid the press and little is kwn of them.
- Author BiographyHe was previously Professor of Marketing and Director of Continuing Education at the National University of Singapore. Dr Tan sits on the Boards of several companies and advises companies on strategy and marketing. Organizations that he works with include Singapore Airlines, Motorola, Acer, Citibank and several government agencies. His research and expertise are in the areas of management and marketing in Asia, Chinese business practices and blending the practices of East and West. Usha C.V. Haley is Associate Professor at the New Jersey Institute of Technology's School of Management and Research, Associate at the Australian National University's Managing Business in Asia Program. She has taught International Business and Strategic Management at several major universities in the USA, Mexico, Singapore and Australia and in executive-development programs around the world. She also consults with major companies on issues of international strategy. She currently serves as Regional Editor (Asia Pacific) for the 'Journal of Organizational Change Management' and 'Management Decision' and on several editorial advisory boards.
- Author(s)Chin Tiong Tan,George T. Haley,Usha C. V. Haley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/1998
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.