The New Boss: How to Survive the First 100 Days by Peter Fischer (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor all managers making a leadership transition, it is critical to engage with the new role rapidly to permit a seamless changeover and to ensure that staff remain engaged and focused. This handy guide provides you with the structure and guidance you need to minimise disruption and maximise performance during the crucial first 100 days. Written by Peter Fischer, an industrial psychologist and psychotherapist, the book provides you with tried and tested models and self-assessment techniques which allow you to manage expectations, build key relationships and drive through change during your first three months in charge. The first part of the book deals with the common problems faced by new managers in the early days of a new post, shows the right questions to ask and also provides really helpful advice on issues such as how to deal with a disappointed contender. The second part of the book looks at the problems faced by new appointees in different scenarios, including: internal promotion; external hire; big predecessor and little successor, the young high-potential manager and the overseas assignment. If you are a new manager, matter the circumstances of your appointment, this book identifies all the problems you are likely to face, shows you how to deal with them, and allows you to hit the ground running in your new role.
- Author BiographyPeter Fischer is an industrial psychologist and psychotherapist. He is the founder of FGi and for more then 15 years has supported senior executives in taking over new assignments, in change processes and in personal transitions. He has extensive experience in the implementation of performance management systems and has directed numerous cultural change projects.
- Author(s)Peter Fischer
- PublisherKogan Page Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2008
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKogan Page Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, diagrams
- Weight364 g
- Width158 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.