All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with mouthwatering recipes, beautiful photographs, and scenes from some of the most vibrant restaurants in America today, The New Brooklyn Cookbook celebrates the wave of culinary energy that has transformed this thriving borough and infused its kitchens and dining rooms with passion, vigor, and big flavors. Starring the trail-blazing chefs and entrepreneurs who made it all happen, this gorgeous book helps readers recreate the signature dishes of Brooklyn in the comfort of their own kitchens. With enthusiasm and insight, husband-and-wife duo Melissa and Brendan Vaughan highlight the 'new' tastes of Brooklyn, including: Steak and Eggs Korean Style, The Good Fork; Cast Iron Chicken, Vinegar Hill House; Tofu with Broad Beans and Chili Bean Paste, The General Greene * Spaghetti Alla Vongole, Al Di La; Swordfish with Sauteed Grape Tomatoes, Fresh Corn and Kohlrabi Salad, Avocado Aioli, Rosewater; Beef Sauerbraten with Braised Red Cabbage and Pretzel Dumplings, Prime Meats; Doug's Pecan Pie Sundae, Buttermilk Channel; and, Hoppy American Brown Ale-Homebrew Recipe, Sixpoint Cragt Ales Brewery. The Vaughans also profile some of Brooklyn's best food makers and purveyors, from cheesemakers and picklers to chocolatiers and bakers, giving readers an inside look at the ingredients behind their favourite restaurant dishes and the food culture that supports their creation.
- Author BiographyMelissa Vaughan is a recipe developer and tester whose work has appeared in magazines (Real Simple, Cookie, Saveur, Every Day with Rachael Ray) and cookbooks by Daniel Boulud, Michael White, and Melissa Clark. She is a graduate of the Institute of Culinary Education. Brendan Vaughan is the senior articles editor at GQ and previously worked at Esquire, where he oversaw much of the magazine's food coverage. The Vaughans live in Park Slope, Brooklyn, with their son and daughter.
- Author(s)Brendan Vaughan,Melissa Vaughan,Michael Harlan Turkell
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication20/10/2010
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Cookbooks
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.