Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.28+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Confessions is the outrageous, extraordinary, hilarious and heartbreaking autobiography of John James Todd, a Scotsman born in 1899 and one of the great self-appointed (and failed) geniuses of the twentieth century. 'An often magnificent feat of story-telling and paramic reconstruction ...John James Todd's reminiscences carry us through the ups and downs of a long and lively career that begins in genteel Edinburgh, devastatingly detours out to the Western Front, forks off, after a period of cosy family life in London, to the electric excitements of the Berlin film-world of the Twenties, then moves on to Hollywood ...to ordeal by McCarthyism and eventual escape to Europe' Peter Kemp, Observer.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM BOYD has received world-wide acclaim for his novels. They are: A Good Man in Africa (1981, winner of the Whitbread Award and the Somerset Maugham Prize) AnIce Cream War (1982, shortlisted for the 1982 Booker Prize and winner of theJohn Llewellyn Rhys Prize), Stars and Bars (1984), The New Confessions (1987),Brazzaville Beach (1990, winner of the McVitie Prize and the James Tait BlackMemorial Prize) The Blue Afternoon (1993, winner of the 1993 Sunday ExpressBook of the Year Award and the Los Angeles Times Book Award for Fiction, 1995),Armadillo (1998) and Any Human Heart (2002, winner of the Prix Jean Monnet). He is also the author of a collection of screenplays and a memoir of hisschooldays, School Ties (1985); and three collections of short stories: On theYankee Station (1981), The Destiny of Nathalie 'X' (1995) and Fascination(2004). He also wrote the speculative memoir of his schooldays, School Ties(1985); three collections of short stories: On the Yankee Station (1981), TheDestiny of Nathalie 'X' (1995) and Fascination (2004). He also wrote thespeculative memoir Nat Tate: an American Artist -- the publication of which, inthe spring of 1998, caused something of a stir on both sides of the Atlantic. Acollection of his non-fiction writings, 1978-2004, entitled Bamboo, waspublished in October 2005. His ninth novel, Restless, was published inSeptember 2006 (Costa Book Award, Novel of the Year 2006) and his tenth novel,Ordinary Thunderstorms, published September 2009. His most recent novel is Waiting For Sunrise which published in February 2011.
- Author(s)William Boyd
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight400 g
- Width148 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.41
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.01
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.