All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA critique of current conceptions of international political ecomy, the role of the state and contemporary social movements, The New Development Politics challenges the dominant paradigms in the field of development studies. Raising fundamental theoretical and empirical questions, it provides a coherent response to the increasing militarization of inter-state relations, increasing protectionism and inter-state rivalries and the growing age of state intervention in political, ecomic and social life. The study presents a critical analysis of US empire-building, the role of dirty money and political power, as opposed to techlogical change. It features a discussion of neo-mercantilism as a new mode of empire and examines the role of new movements of unemployed and landless peasants in key Third World countries.
- Author BiographyJames Petras, SUNY at Binghamton, USA
- Author(s)James F. Petras
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/2003
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight321 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.