The New Eighteenth-century Style: Rediscovering a French Decor by Michele Lalande (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 4 Jan
- AU $23.34+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the restoration of the Pompadour apartments at Versailles, there is a renewed interest in the opulent fashions in interior decoration of the eighteenth century. The use of turquoise with gold accents, the lush velvet upholstery and the expensive iridescent wall hangings all bear witness to a style that indulged in spite of revolutions, wars, looting and fires. Lalande and Trillard reveal the harmony between antique extravagance and contemporary decoration that characterises the revival of this style. They survey thirty excellent examples of this quintessential blending of refined detail and showy affluence.
- Author BiographyMichele Lalande is a journalist and stylist. For many years she has been a regular contributor to various French and other foreign interior design magazines. She lives in Paris. Gilles Trillard has been a freelance photographer for 25 years. He specialises in photographing interiors and his work is regularly published in Elle Decoration and other magazines. He lives in Paris.
- Author(s)Michele Lalande
- Date of Publication29/09/2006
- LanguageEnglish & French
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Note300 colour images
- Weight2020 g
- Width241 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gilles Trillard
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.